The controls division at Qualter Hall offers electrical, electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
Our in house capabilities include:
- Electrical control systems and equipment
- Hydraulic control systems and equipment
- Pneumatic control systems and equipment
- Programmable logic controller systems
- Computer based supervisory systems
- Provision of power distribution equipment
- Motor controls and AC / DC drive equipment
- Associated plant monitoring and control equipment
- Plant and machine cabling
- Functional safety including control systems to BS EN 62061, BS EN ISO 13849 and BS EN 954-1, or international equivalents
- Statutory international electrical and safety audits
- Site supervision and training
- After sales servicing
Further to the above for mining applications:
- Electric drive systems - A/C and D/C 4 Quadrant regenerative drive systems can be provided for haulage and winder applications.
- Hoisting & shaft control systems - Fully integrated hoisting and shaft control systems can be provided. Designs range from simple relay control to high specification PLC based systems with full diagnostic facilities.
- Shaft signalling systems - Qualter Hall design and supply shaft signalling systems, for conventional shafts, where the banksman controls the operations, or individual designs, tailored to suit the customers' own specification.
- Hydraulic and pneumatic systems - Varying degrees of size and complexity of fluid power control systems are undertaken for the operation of winder braking and mine car handling plant.