Qualter Hall carried out major remedial work to 12 hangar doors with minimal interruption to airport operations.
This project included:
- Drive bogies - Refurbish/replace as necessary including the hydraulic drive units, powerpacks and associated controls.
- Door Buffer Units - Replacement of all 18 units including guides and rollers.
- Wheel Sets including Slave Units - Strip, examine and refurbishment as necessary, provision of 3 new complete units to act as spares.
- Wicket Doors - Refurbishment of all 12 doors for personnel access.
- Control Systems - Provision of a new PLC system including anti-collision limit switches, klaxons, flashing beacons and signage.
Client: British Airways