Design, supply, installation and commissioning of a surface and underground skip mineral hoisting plant. Since a skip system already existed a major rehabilitation programme was developed to meet the requirements of the colliery.
The work content included:
- Uprating the existing 9 tonne capacity system to accept 2 x 27.5 tonne balance skips.
- The construction of an underground loading station.
- The construction of a 450 tonne surface headgear tower in a structural steel to sit within a concrete outer building.
- A surface skip discharge station.
- All surface inner tower equipment.
- All through shaft systems including rope guides, winch ropes, shaft signals, interlocks, skips and skip plant controls.
Client: British Coal