- To provide structural rigidity the 27 metre, cable stay, steel bridge was constructed in modular form and was transported to site as two fully welded sections for assembly.
- The existing pintle bearing and tail wheels were refurbished and reinstalled during bridge assembly.
- The existing drive system was refurbished for public viewing.
- New civil foundations were laid and the slewing track re-sited to the correct levels after it was discovered that the original track had sunk by around 75mm throughout its length.
- In addition to the painting and galvanising system, which was selected to give long-term protection, a non-slip surface was provided on the deck for pedestrian safety.
Client: Associated British Ports